Thursday, December 2, 2010

Have you seen the Gluten-Free Gingerbread House Contest?

Cook IT Allergy Free is having a Gluten-Free Gingerbread House Contest! I really want to join in the fun and make a special gingerbread house for my little guy! I really don't think his will win - he has so, so many restrictions I just can't use all the fun colorful candy - but I think he will still enjoy the final result and I think it will be a fun process!





I'm blogging about the contest for two reasons! First, to let yu know about the contest so you have time to start crafting a gluten-free gingerbread house of your own! Secondly, I'm posting so that hopefully I won't forget about doing it myself! I've started planning....

I'll be using these graham crackers or something similar, baked in a large sheet then cut out according to paper patterns immediately out of the oven. 

Real royal icing is out of the question because of the egg whites so I found this vegan eggless royal icing recipe that I'm going to attempt to make corn-free by switching to Lyle's Golden Syrup and homemade corn-free powdered sugar.  Otherwise, I'll make a "buttercream" with Spectrum shortening and homemade no-corn powdered sugar hope it will be strong enough to hold up long enough for pictures! :)  


For decorations, I'll go with piped icing, sprinkled powdered sugar, sprinkled coconut and maybe even some Enjoy Life! chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment