Sunday, February 14, 2010

Barley Oat Pancakes

I've tried a few allergy-friendly pancake recipes, but this is the most successful recipe I've found. I'm guessing that the gluten in the barley is what helps these pancakes hold up and not be so fragile.


This recipe is adopted from one I found on the bag of Arrowhead Mills flour.


1/2 cup barley flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1-1/2 tsp safe baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 Tbls maple syrup
1 Tbls canola oil
1/4 cup applesauce
3/4 cup coconut milk
safe margarine to coat griddle

Preheat a pan or griddle on low to medium heat. (On my electric stove I set it to 3 or 3-1/2.) Coat pan lightly with melted margarine.

Stir together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix until smooth.

Pour batter onto hot griddle and cook until edges turn a light golden color and bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip over with a spatula and top with margarine. Cook other side until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment